Sophisticated bots and botnets pose an increasingly significant threat to digital businesses. With increasingly intricate techniques to overwhelm infrastructure, compromise revenue opportunities, and steal credentials to commit fraud, businesses are faced with an existential threat.
Bots are both an enabler and a threat actor, and modern businesses are forced to strike a balance between enablement, management, and mitigation. Understanding the way that bots operate, and having visibility into how various types of malicious bot activity transpire is an important part of building a strategy to manage automated traffic.
If your strategy over-indexes on blocking and disabling, you could lose out on revenue opportunities. On the other hand, if you are too permissive, you risk compromising your competitive ability or alienating your loyal customers. Akamai's platform interacts with 1.3 billion client devices every day and has built up an impressive cachet of bot intelligence.
In this session you will see how various types of bot activities are executed, and understand how the company takes action to manage -not just mitigate - bots to enable their customers to realize the best possible business outcome.
Join this session to learn how:
- Different types of bot activity can be recognized and classified
- Managing helpful bots can lead to positive business outcomes
- Malicious bots behave and change tactics to avoid detection
- A sophisticated botnet drove significant transaction volumes, for extended periods of time, using a variety of tactics in an effort to compromise one retailer's product launch
- Advanced C&C software attempted to exfiltrate data via credential stuffing