A website allows many different entities to engage with you online, from partners to customers; rivals to malicious actors. Rising numbers are interacting with you through automated bots. These can have substantial impact - both positive and negative - on your business and infrastructure.
Akamai's platform interacts with a massive 1.3 billion client devices every day. As a result, the company has built up an industry-leading depth of bot intelligence.
Among the lessons they have learned along the way are an understanding of the need for balance: if your strategy over-indexes on blocking and disabling, you could lose out on revenue opportunities. On the other hand, if you are too permissive, you risk compromising your competitive ability.
Want to learn more - and refine your strategy?
You are cordially invited to a complimentary dinner with Akamai for an evening of discussion and industry intelligence. On the menu (along with a fine meal): insight into how bots operate, strategies for managing bots and actions that can help you manage -not just mitigate - bots to realize the best possible business outcome.
Join this session to also learn how:
- Different types of bot activity can be recognized and classified
- Managing helpful bots can lead to positive business outcomes
- Malicious bots behave and change tactics to avoid detection
- A sophisticated botnet drove significant transaction volumes, for extended periods of time, using a variety of tactics in an effort to compromise one retailer's product launch
- Advanced C&C software attempted to exfiltrate data via credential stuffing