Plant Power: Emerging Innovation in Plant-Based Food and Non-Food Products
Sponsored by: GlobalData
Date: 25 April
Days to go: 4
Time: 3PM London/10AM New York
Plants are powering new product innovation in food and non-food products to a degree that would have been unheard of just a few years ago.
Meat, poultry, fish, and dairy-based products no longer have a lock on the center of the plate thanks to plant-based products that look, feel, and taste like the real thing. Plant-based alternatives are now challenging animal-based products in almost every corner of the food and beverage space.
Plant-based ingredients and formulations are also pushing into personal care and household products with offerings seen as more sustainable, more natural, and less likely to harm the environment.
This webinar will look at why consumers are embracing plant-based innovation, show where innovation is coming from, and highlight the latest developments in plant-based product innovation.
Innovation Insights Director
Tom Vierhile is the Innovation Insights Director for London-based GlobalData PLC. Tom has 20+ years of experience in consumer packaged goods reporting and analysis, much of that with the Product Launch Analytics database of new products. Based in Fairport, NY, he is an internationally recognized expert on new product marketing. Tom has given presentations on new product trends at industry conferences in the US, Europe, Asia, and South America, and is a regular contributor to Prepared Foods magazine, Natural Products Insider, and Just Drinks. He has a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing from St. Bonaventure University and an MBA from SUNY Buffalo.
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand relevant consumer trends and attitudes driving FMCG innovation in plant-based products.
- Reduce the risk of failure by spotting emerging opportunities while there is still time to act.
- Gain a broader appreciation of factors driving innovation in plant-based fast-moving consumer goods.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to direct future decision-making and new product development.
- Director of Research and Development
- Director of Marketing
- Director of New Product Development
- Marketing Manager
- Manager – Market Intelligence
- Brand Manager