Webinar: Addressing the challenges in enrolling oncology and rare disease trial participants
Sponsored by: Acurian
Date: 15 December
Time: London 3PM / New York 10AM
Innovative CTL program for faster, more efficient enrollment
Successful accrual to oncology and other rare disease clinical trials present diverse and unique challenges for study teams. We have found that to be successful, accrual strategies must shift the focus from prospective patients to the team providing healthcare, and concentrate on providing information and critical support to the treatment team, lowering historic barriers to enrollment. In oncology, the treatment team serves as either enabler or gatekeeper when clinical trials are offered as a treatment option.
The innovative Clinical Trial Liaison (CTL) program offers support to the treatment team, and enables them to be better prepared for patient inquiries.
Acurian provides insight into the new paradigm of enrolling oncology and rare disease studies.
Senior Director of Oncology
Ed Watson is responsible for Acurian's Oncology Programs, and previously at Acurian was in charge of Corporate Development, responsible for many external business relationships and supporting the continued enhancement and development of Acurian's capabilities in patient accrual in clinical trials. Watson brings 16 years experience with the pharmaceutical industry at Schering-Plough, Pharmacia and GlaxoSmithKline, where he held senior positions in marketing, pharmaceutical pricing strategy and the technical operations supporting those efforts.
Download SlidesPlease login to download the slides
Key Learning Objectives
- Investigating why oncology and rare diseases are different from other therapeutic areas
- Exploring challenges of enrolling and distinguishing them from other therapeutic areas
- Providing information and critical support to the healthcare team to lower barriers to enrollment
- Understanding what implications to approach for improving or changing process of clinical trials
- CEO/President/Chairman/Executive Director
- Clinical Operations
- Clinical Trial/Operations - VP/Director/Manager
- Trial Site Management
- and Director level personnel in oncology focusing on clinical trials
- clinical outsourcing
- clinical operations.