Webinar: The Clinical Utility of Quantifying Cerebral Blood Flow
Sponsored by: Hemedex
Date: 27 February
Time: 3PM London/10AM New York
Features and Benefits of using the Bowman Perfusion Monitor in Neurocritical Care and Neurosurgery
Many neurocritical care patients needlessly suffer severe complications or death resulting from undetected ischemia. There is a need to continuously measure cerebral blood flow in absolute units, at the bedside. The Bowman Perfusion Monitor is the only medical device that meets this need.
This webinar will address:
- The clinical utility of monitoring cerebral blood flow (CBF) and its use in clinical decision making:
- Real-time detection of critical levels of flow using thresholds
- Assess state of cerebral autoregulation
- Differentiate vasospasam and hyperemia during elevated TCD measurements
- Assess the effects of interventions on CBF
- Provides information when used may reduce risk of neurological complications
- CBF as a predictor of patient outcomes
- Role of CBF monitoring in Multi-Modal Monitoring
- The features and benefits of using the Bowman Perfusion Monitor
- Neurocritical care applications: SAH, TBI, ICH
- Neurosurgical applications: Aneurysm repair(TAO), EC/IC Bypass, MoyaMoya surgery
- Potential Economic savings by incorporating the BPM in your clinical practice
This webinar is aimed at clinicians who manage and care for patients with injuries resulting in compromised blood flow and would like to learn about real-time, absolute measurements of cerebral blood flow.
H. Frederick Bowman, Ph.D.,
President, CEO & Chairman
H.Frederick Bowman, Ph.D. is the inventor of the Company’s technology and the founder of Hemedex. 40+ years leadership experience in the development of thermal diffusion technologies and commercialization of medical devices. 25 yrs ME/BME faculty member, 2 yr program director NSF and first employee of the Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology. 20 patents, 120 papers/abstracts.
Scott D. Greenwald, Ph.D.,
Vice President of Technology
Scott Greenwald, Ph.D. VP of Technology. 20+ yrs leading research in the development of patient monitoring technologies at Hemedex, and formerly Covidien and Aspect Medical Systems, Inc. He is a co-inventor of 3 novel patient monitoring technologies (BIS, CVI, ATR), co-author of 8 US Patents, and co-author of 100+ publications. Trained at Duke, MIT and Harvard.
Download SlidesPlease login to download the slides
Key Learning Objectives
- Recognize the value of quantifying perfusion in managing neurocritical care and neurosurgery patients.
- Review clinical applications of the Bowman Perfusion Monitor in neurocritical care.
- Discover clinical and economic benefits of perfusion monitoring in neurocritical care.
- Learn the scientific underpinnings of the technology and its validation.
- Critical Care Nurse Educators
- Members of Medical Device Value Analysis Committees