How to Optimize Biologic Drug Development with the Power of Scientific Informatics
Sponsored by: Dassault Systèmes - BIOVIA
- Biologic Drug Development
Date: 27 June
Time: 8:00 AM Pacific Time/11:00 AM Eastern Time
Speed Time to Market with Higher Quality Novel Biotherapeutics
Many organizations in the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries have increased their efforts in biotherapeutic drug development to remain competitive by shifting their activities away from small molecule toward biologics drug development.
The complex structure of Biologics, the nature of the interactions with their partners, require accurate modelling method to predict their physicochemical properties and ultimately accelerate innovation and bring better products to market faster.
Register for this webinar to learn how your organization can benefit from the BIOVIA Biologics design solution:
- Sequence annotation and alignment
- Identification of post-translational modification sites
- Automatic antibody modelling cascade including full-length and bispecific antibodies
- Epitope / Paratope detection
- Affinity maturation
- Prediction of antibody stability
- Prediction of aggregation propensity
- Biophysical property prediction for developability
Dr. Hugues-Olivier Bertrand,
Senior Director Life Science Research Pre-Sales / Sr. Fellow, BIOVIA Science Council
After completing his Ph.D in Pharmaceutical Sciences from University of Rennes - School of Pharmacy – France in 1995, Hugues-Olivier BERTRAND followed his academic curriculum with a postdoctoral program (1996-1998 Institut de Biologie Physicochimique & Institut Gustave Roussy - Paris - France), focusing his research work on computational structural biology.
In 1998, he joined BIOVIA (formerly Accelrys) as an Application Scientist, and started developing structural biology / drug discovery projects on Family 3 GPCRs activated by Amino-Acids. This work carried out in collaboration with Dr F.C ACHER (Chemistry - CNRS France), Dr J.P. PIN (Pharmacology, CNRS France) and Dr J. NGAI (Pharmacology, UC Berkeley USA) gave rise to several publications, a patent, seminars in international conferences and Ph. D. Thesis.
Hugues-Olivier has co-supervised several Ph.D. theses. He is the author of ca. 50 publications in peer-reviewed journals
His main areas of expertise are Protein Modelling, Simulations of Macromolecules, Virtual Screening and Structure/Fragment Based Drug Design.
Within BIOVIA, Dr. Bertrand manages the Biologics Pre-Sales group and heads the BIOVIA Science Council, a group with the mission to enhance and promote scientific excellence.
Dr. Anne Goupil-Lamy,
Principal Field Application Scientist / Fellow, BIOVIA Science Council
Anne Goupil-Lamy, Ph.D., principal field application scientist and Science Council Fellow at BIOVIA, obtained her doctorate in molecular biophysics from the University of Pierre and Marie Curie (Paris VI, France). She studied protein dynamics and denaturation using molecular dynamic simulations and neutron scattering experiments under the supervision of Professor Jeremy C. Smith.
Goupil-Lamy joined MSI (now BIOVIA) in 1998 as a support scientist and gained expertise in the many modelling areas supported by BIOVIA’s life science modelling tools. While managing BIOVIA’s contract research group for many years in Europe and worldwide, she performed feasibility studies, developed proposals and was involved in the delivery of structure-based design and ligand-based design projects with one contract resulting in a patent.
As a pre-sales scientist, she has performed several validation studies in fragment-based design and protein-protein interactions that were presented at conferences and to customers. She is also involved in biotherapeutics projects focusing on antibody design.
Key Learning Objectives
- How an open collaborative discovery platform enabling biologists to work in partnership and share results aids faster and better decision making.
- Why an innovative and integrated approach is the best way to remove paper-based workflows, automate data management, streamline experiment creation, workflow and reporting for increased efficiency and reduced errors.
- Leveraging comprehensive capabilities for antibody design and optimization to improve biologic candidates, quality entering clinical trials and speeding time to market.
- Utilizing robust predictive analytics tools leveraging existing experimental results to rapidly optimize the quality and safety of novel biotherapeutics.
- Chief Operating Officer
- VP/Director/Manager of IT
- Quality Engineer
- VP/Director/Manager of Manufacturing
- Applications Specialist
- Research Scientist
- VP/Director/Manager of Quality
- VP/Director/Manager of Operations
- Lab Manager
- Lab Analyst
- VP/Director/Manager Regulatory