Mitigating risks in cold chain supplies management
Sponsored by: Fisher Clinical Services
- Cold Chain Supplies Management
- Clinical Trial
- Mitigating Risk
Date: 24 May
Days to go: 33
Time: 3PM London/10AM New York
How data driven decisions on cold chain supplies management mitigates risk across the clinical trial supply chain
While multiple factors are responsible for changing trial logistics, the explosive growth of biologics is the primary driver. With cold fast becoming the new normal, cold chain management is emerging as a major concern for biopharmaceutical companies, and for good reason. By 2020, more than half of bestselling drugs will be cold chain products. In today’s world the journey of clinical supplies to investigator sites is becoming costlier and more complex, much like the trials for which the materials are bound. A top priority for supply chain managers is the mitigation of risk across the supply chain.
Focus areas for discussion in this webinar include:
- Careful qualification & selection of couriers
- Addressing all aspects of cold chain supplies management – re-usable shipper programs, temperature control & monitoring, reverse logistics
- Leveraging data from a database management system, e.g Coldstream
- Making data driven decisions to realise cost & performance efficiencies & to mitigate risk across the supply chain
- Collaborating with global logistics experts
Join us on May 24th at 3PM London/10AM New York. In addition to discussing how each of these focus areas can impact supply chain logistics, this webinar will give case study examples of how Fisher Clinical Services is deploying solutions to ensure secure, efficient and cost-effective passage of clinical supplies.
Finally, it’s worth remembering that clinical trial logistics are aimed at ensuring that the correct drug reaches the intended patient at the right time. Conducting a trial comes with a commitment to serve trial patients by putting their safety and well-being first. Honouring that commitment in every trial ensures that everyone wins – the sponsor, the investigator sites and, most importantly, the patients.
Senior Logistics Manager, Fisher Clinical Services
Des has over 25 years of experience in Logistics and Distribution Management. He joined Fisher Clinical Services UK in 2007 and subsequently transferred to our Allentown, USA site, where his responsibilities include management of Fisher Clinical Services approved couriers, freight and logistics operations, and its cold chain solutions.
Des has been instrumental in the implementation of an effective reusable shipper program that has helped Sponsors to reduce waste, also positively impacting on investigator sites and ultimately patients.
Des’ career has always been in logistics. Before joining Fisher Clinical Services, Des worked with Geodis and also with the Ziegler group. Away from work Des enjoys playing tennis and attending baseball games in his newly adopted home state of Pennsylvania.
Key Learning Objectives
- To learn how supply chain managers can mitigate risk across the supply chain
- To learn how data driven decisions on courier selection can impact cost and performance efficiencies
- To learn about all aspects of cold chain supplies management – packaging, handling, storage & distribution
- To learn from case study examples & leading experts in this field
- Vice President Supply Chain/ Clinical Logistics
- Vice President/Director of Cold Chain Supplies Management
- Vice President/Director of Cold Chain
- Senior Director/Executive Director
- Clinical Operations Director/Manager
- Clinical Development Directors/Managers
- Clinical/Investigational Suppliers
- Clinical Logistics & Supplies Director/Manager
- Clinical Trials Director/Manager
- Supply Chain
- Logistics & Distribution Director/Manager
- Quality (Management/Assurance/Control/GCP/GMP) Director/Manager