Accelerate your growth through packaging innovation
Sponsored by: Dow Europe GmbH
Date: 11 November
Time: 2PM London/4PM Johannesburg
Adding value to food and transportation packaging in the African region
The United Nations predicts that the African population will double by 2040, four times faster than in Asia. Spending power is also increasing rapidly with a real GDP growth rate exceeding 5% this year. With a growing population and increased spending the packaging market is expected to grow by a factor of 1.4 times the GDP growth rate. Capturing this growth opportunity requires close collaboration across the value chain to accelerate innovation and create tailored, sustainable packaging solutions that respond to the rapidly evolving market needs.
In this webinar, a panel of industry experts from the Dow Packaging & Specialty Plastics business will discuss these trends, the challenges but also the opportunities inherent in developing innovative packaging solutions. We will discuss Dow’s growth and innovation strategy in the African region and how we can create and support growth opportunities for converters, packers, fillers and brand owners alike.
In the second part of the webinar we will discuss specific food and transportation packaging solutions that address today’s and future market needs: cost efficiency, sustainability and enhanced consumer convenience. We will discuss practical examples of the synergies between these different factors and how Dow collaborates with industry partners to develop better packaging solutions, faster.
Join us and discover how Dow can accelerate your growth through packaging innovations in food and transportation packaging.
Sales Director, Middle East & Africa
Responsible for leading Dow’s plastics business sales strategy in the Middle East and Africa region. Before joining Dow, Ahmad worked for a multinational trading company in Texas (USA), responsible for polymer sales in Middle East and Africa. He later joined another trading company as area sales manager based in Istanbul, Turkey.
Market Development Manager, Middle East and Africa
Responsible for identifying current and future market needs and for leading the development and commercialization of new packaging technologies across the region, Corticelli works in close collaboration with members of the value chain such as local converters and brand owners. He has extensive expertise in flexible packaging for food and industrial applications.
Key Learning Objectives
- Get valuable insights on latest market trends, growth opportunities and challenges for the packaging industry in the African region.
- Learn how you can accelerate innovation and bring new food and transportation packaging solutions to market, faster.
- Learn how we can help you develop cost-efficient solutions to increase product protection, shelf life and customer convenience - while using less natural resources and creating less waste.
- Learn about Dow’s initiatives to power the growth of the packaging industry in the African region through a dedicated material supply chain structure.
- CEO/President/Chairman/Executive Director
- Other C Levels Executives
- Heads of Packaging
- Heads of Innovation/R&D
- Heads of Marketing
- Heads of Purchasing
- Product Line Managers
- Brand Owners
- Brand Managers
- Packaging Engineers
- Packaging Designers
- Logistics and Supply Chain Managers