Innovations in technology enhancing Supply Chain Visibility and Control
Sponsored by: FedEx
Date: 22 January
Time: 3PM London/10AM New York
How can Sensor-Based Logistics (SBL) become a powerful new central nervous system of the global supply chain?
The manufacturing of pharmaceuticals and medical devices is becoming increasingly complex. Companies are expanding their product portfolios to meet rapidly changing markets and lengthening product life cycles. Emerging economies want more affordable products. Quality and compliance issues are rising because products are more complex, regulatory scrutiny is stricter and the number of drug recalls is increasing. Yet the supply chain remains fragmented and incomplete, with weaknesses that put patients at risk, cost billions in value and lessen the health-care sector's ability to take on the challenges it faces.
The supply chain demands of global manufacturers have long outstripped the information technology to support them. The good news is that innovative tools such as SBL do exist contributing to improving important aspects of the healthcare and other supply chains such as aerospace, automotive, high tech, oil&gas and luxury goods.
During this webinar, you will be provided with four key learnings to get ahead of the SBL trend and things to consider when getting a program off the ground:
• Why do you need an SBL program and what are your goals?
• What kinds of platforms are available, and which fit your needs?
• Who will need to be involved in implementing and running the system?
• How will the system work operationally on a day-to-day basis?
Please join our SBL expert Chris Swearingen for this exclusive presentation and take away learnings on SBL benefits for your organisation and customers.
FedEx Global Marketing Manager- SenseAware
With more than 20 years experience in Entrepreneurship, Innovation and International Marketing, Chris Swearingen is currently leading the SenseAware offering for FedEx. In his role, Chris oversees the US domestic and global rollout and the strategic direction of SenseAware including product development, customer experience, User-Interface design and market expansion. His career has been eclectic with a mix of entrepreneurial, corporate and agency experience working with various Fortune 100 companies as well as owning his own business.
Download SlidesPlease login to download the slides
Key Learning Objectives
- Find out more about SBL and how it can improve your supply chain.
- Learn how to provide supply chain partners increased insight into the viability of goods, providing peace of mind in every package.
- Explore an online collaboration platform that will allow you to communicate with business partners in near-real time at product and shipment level.
- Learn how near-real time data can provide the opportunity to intervene when the unexpected occurs.
- Logistics/Distribution Management
- Project Management
- Purchasing/Procurement Management
- Compliance Management
- Supply/Purchasing/Sourcing /Outsourcing Mgmt
- Security Management
- Customer Service Management