Webinar: Packaging Innovation vs. Sustainability: Friends or Foes?
Sponsored by: Esko
Date: 12 June
Time: 3PM London/10AM New York
How to hug a really cool looking tree!
Wondering how to drive the design of innovative packaging while still meeting your sustainability initiatives? Many people think that these two packaging goals compete but research shows that innovation and sustainability can live in complete harmony. In fact, they can work together to more effectively meet both of these critical packaging requirements.
In this webinar, a panel of industry experts will discuss the challenges but also the opportunities inherent in developing more innovative and more sustainable packaging. We’ll discuss potential synergies between innovation and sustainability in packaging:
• Today’s packaging designers have more access to standards and tools for evaluating the life cycle impact of their packaging design decisions. We’ll see how these can help packaging designers make more informed sustainable packaging decisions.
• From the packaging design perspective, the value of innovation for a brand is priceless. We’ll learn how to develop exciting and innovative brand solutions while also helping the brand owner to meet their sustainability initiatives.
• The retail shelf is today’s front line in the battle for the consumer. We’ll learn about the impact of packaging decisions on the retailer and discuss new ideas for more sustainable packaging solutions that benefit everyone: retailer, brand owner and consumer.
Join us and discover just how powerful the synergy between packaging innovation and sustainable packaging can be. Come hug a really cool looking tree!
Solution Manager – Packaging Lifecycle Management
Susie is Esko’s Solution Manager for Packaging Lifecycle Management, responsible for the creation of packaging management solutions for brand owners and design agencies. She has been with Esko for 18 years and has over 25 years of experience in the packaging industry. She also assists universities and schools in packaging curriculum development. Susie has been a frequent speaker at major industry events for the Paperboard Packaging Council, Flexographic Technical Association, Sustainable Packaging Coalition, Brand Protection Conference and the Packaging Design and Development Forum.
Senior Manager – Sustainability Solutions for GreenBlue/Sustainable Packaging Coalition
Minal is product owner of COMPASS® (Comparative Packaging Assessment), a life cycle analysis software designed for packaging professionals to factor in environmental performance at the earliest design steps. He also leads the international outreach and education efforts for the Sustainable Packaging Coalition. He has contributed to sustainability framework and standards development efforts for packaging, textiles, nano-scale materials, and carbon reporting. Minal enjoys working with companies and industry to help develop pathways leading to improved environmental and social accountability.
Executive Director, Implementation for Interbrand
Jack is responsible for maintaining exceptional levels of quality and efficiency in Interbrand’s implementation and design adaptation departments. He leads a team of implementation artists that act as brand guardians, ensuring consistency at shelf and bringing great strategy and exciting design to life. Since joining Interbrand 26 years ago, Jack has held positions in design, implementation, account service and brand equity management. Old Spice, TAG, Disney and Gain are just a few of the brands for which Jack has acted as brand enforcer. He is currently working with Covidien, Wrigley and Procter & Gamble.
Download SlidesPlease login to download the slides
Key Learning Objectives
- Learn how innovation and sustainability can work together to create more effective packaging.
- Discover how packaging life cycle analysis can help designers make more informed design decisions.
- See how innovation in packaging design can live in harmony with sustainability initiatives.
- Hear how innovation and sustainability impact the retail environment and learn strategies that make the difference at the point of sale.
- Brand Manager
- VP/Director of Packaging
- VP/Director of Manufacturing
- VP/Director of Procurement
- Creative Director
- VP/Director of Innovation
- Sustainability Officer
- VP/Director/Manager of Supply Chain
- Heads of Packaging
- Project/Traffic Managers for Packaging