Asset Life Extension through Predictive Digital Twins for Offshore Structures
Sponsored by: Akselos
- Shell Assets
- Simulation Technology
Date: 8 May
Time: 3PM London/10AM New York
Understand how Shell Upstream is using Predictive Digital Twin technology to reduce Opex and extend the field life of ageing offshore assets.
Energy prices are uncertain, and are expected to be â€˜lower for longer’, while assets are ageing and many basins are maturing. Against this backdrop, operators are searching for ways to continue to operate assets beyond their intended design life, at a viable cost and with good health and safety performance as the primary focus.
In this webinar you will hear about the application of Predictive Digital Twin technology on two ageing Shell Upstream assets. Technology developer, Akselos, and the asset operator, Shell, will elaborate on how this emerging technology born from 15 years of research at MIT is helping to:
1. Revisit existing design and fatigue life calculations to support life extension projects using new, high-fidelity, simulation technology
2. Calibrate simulation models to real-time sensor data to determine actual environmental loading and validate asset condition, unlocking further life in the structure
3. Reduce OPEX by combining an Akselos Structural Digital Twin with condition-based monitoring and a focused, risk-based inspection strategy
4. Use augmented predictive capabilities to quickly assess the viability of an array of field redevelopment scenarios
Akselos combines high speed (1000x faster than conventional simulation software) and high fidelity engineering simulation technology with sensors, machine learning and data analytics to deliver real-time virtual replicas of some of the world’s largest structures.
Register for our webinar to hear how early adopters, like Shell, are transforming their business and industry with Predictive Digital Twin technology.
Director, Northern Europe, Akselos
Chris is responsible for developing the Akselos business in Northern Europe, with a focus on expanding close customer relationships through the delivery of innovative solutions. He has over 25 years’ experience in software simulation, including senior positions at PTC, IBM and Dassault Systemes. In addition to business development, his responsibilities have covered developing professional services and support organisations and providing field input to product development. Chris has a Bachelor's Degree in Geophysics and Planetary Physics and Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering from Newcastle University.
Senior Offshore Structures Engineer, Shell
Hans Kolsters is a Senior Offshore Structures Engineer and Technical Authority at Shell Global Solutions in the Netherlands.
His work focuses on the development, qualification and deployment of new technologies for inspection, maintenance and repair of fixed offshore platforms and floating production systems globally.
Before coming (home) to the Netherlands, Hans worked in asset support and structural integrity management for Shell Deepwater in Houston, Norske Shell in Stavanger and Shell Expro in Aberdeen.
Hans earned a Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering at Delft University of Technology, and a Doctorate in lightweight marine structures and structural optimization at the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm.
Key Learning Objectives
- Bring digital transformation to asset integrity management
- Reduce OPEX by augmenting inspection strategies with condition-based monitoring
- Achieve Asset Life Extension by having real-time access to the physics of the asset
- Empower predictive maintenance strategies â€“ fix or replace before it breaks
- Asset Integrity Manager
- Asset reliability Manager
- Integrity Manager
- Asset Manager
- Operations Manager
- Structural analyst
- Structural Engineer
- Technical Authority
- Technical Director
- Chief Technology Officer
- Chief Innovation Officer
- Engineering Director
- Offshore Structural Engineer
- Decommissioning Manager
- Decommissioning Director
- Digital Transformation Manager
- Digital Transformation Lead
- Innovation Lead
- Production Manager
- Data Analytics Manager