How does Diamond Producer De Beers Reduce Energy Cost and Consumption in their Mining Operations?
Sponsored by: SAP
Date: 23 May
Time: 3PM London / 10AM New York
Learn how De Beers manages its energy, facilitates behavioral change, and reduces energy consumption
How can instantaneous energy consumption and cost be tracked across different locations and operations? How can companies truly manage their energy as a â€œraw materialâ€, setting dynamic targets based on production volume, production type, occupancy, weather and other relevant variables? How is it possible to allocate energy cost per department/asset, while automatically reconciling utility bills? How can companies effectively reduce Time of Use (TOU) and Peak Demand charges?
Diamond producer DeBeers has found answers to these questions.
Carefully managing energy consumption is crucial from a cost and sustainability perspective. Being able to send automated Plant Maintenance work orders to quickly address energy anomalies and trending energy intensity across assets, processes and facilities are just a few examples of the key factors that drive continuous improvement and energy efficiency at De Beers.
In this webinar, you will learn how DeBeers successfully reduced cost and environmental impacts through a proactive energy management approach, including immediate visibility of energy consumption, intensity and cost, and immediate alerts that drive actionable intelligence and foster behavioral change.
President and Founder of RTS Consulting Inc.
As President and founder of RTS Consulting, Vic is instrumental in setting vision and direction for the company. He is involved in strategically investing intellectual capital to position RTS as a technology services leader for the manufacturing industry. To that point, RTS Consulting Inc. is SAP’s Co-Innovation Partner for Energy Management and Finalist of the SAP Pinnacle Award 2011 for Sustainability. Over 20 years of experience in the manufacturing and energy sector has cultivated a successful organization of professionals who assist companies in achieving global manufacturing excellence while reducing their energy and carbon footprint. Developing our clients’ â€œRoad-Map to Manufacturing Excellenceâ€, by leveraging documented best practices and flawless implementation, has made RTS the partner of choice for many Fortune 500 clients. RTS’ core competencies are shop floor automation, energy management, SAP MII solutions and consulting.
Download SlidesPlease login to download the slides
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand how a holistic and proactive energy management approach can reduce energy consumption, intensity and costs
- Utilize real data to establish dynamic energy targets, showing ideal consumption metrics across locations, operations and significant assets.
- Implement proactive energy management to avoid Time of Use (TOU) and Peak Demand charges
- Establish reliable energy consumption and cost data to support Enterprise Sustainability Initiatives such as ISO50001/SEP/Better Plants Program
- CEO/President/Chairman/Executive Director
- Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Chief Sustainability Officer (CSO)
- Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- VP of Operations
- VP Manufacturing
- VP Production
- VP of IT
- Head of Environmental Management
- Plant Manager
- Energy Manager
- Environment Manager