Innovation Opportunities in Healthy Food & Drinks
Sponsored by: GlobalData
Date: 11 July
Time: 3PM London/10AM New York
The Health and Wellness trend is rapidly impacting the FMCG landscape; especially as consumers are becoming more aware of, and concerned about, the implications of lifestyle-related health problems such as obesity and diabetes.
Consumer desire for cleaner, healthier lifestyles has led to an increase in the demand for innovative healthy solutions in food and drinks. This sentiment is also changing the way brands position their products – maintaining a clear focus on health & nutrition, balancing health with indulgence, and exploring new and unique product functionalities and claims.
As a result, consumers no longer feel like they have to sacrifice personal wellbeing, but rather can indulge in products that taste great, make them look and feel great and support a healthier lifestyle. Various food and drink categories have acknowledged these shifts, particularly alternatives to traditional ‘junk food’.
This webinar will explore the key trends driving consumers’ healthy food and drink choices, highlight emerging innovation across several food & drink categories, and indicate opportunities for product innovation.
This is part of GlobalData's Consumer Intelligence Center offering. To learn more about our content related to the consumer industry click here .
Since joining GlobalData as an Associate Analyst, Charles has undertaken detailed research and analysis within the FMCG landscape, covering both regional and global environments. His areas of interest lie in current economical and political movements, emerging trends, and technological development, all of which create either challenges and/or opportunities within the FMCG space. Before joining GlobalData’s Consumer Division, Charles graduated with a First Class Honors in BSc Economics from The University of East Anglia (ranked 10th in the UK).
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand relevant consumer trends and attitudes driving FMCG innovation in healthier food & drink products.
- Reduce the risk of failure by spotting emerging opportunities while there is still time to act.
- Gain a broader appreciation of factors driving innovation in alternatives to traditional ‘junk food’.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to direct future decision-making and new product development.
- Director of Research and Development
- Director of Marketing
- Director of New Product Development
- Marketing Manager
- Manager – Market Intelligence
- Brand Manager