Innovation in Sustainability
Sponsored by: Selerant
Date: 20 March
Time: 3PM London/ 11AM New York
NestlÃ© explains how they assess environmental performance of products using Life Cycle Assessment
NestlÃ©, the World's leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness company, is determined to systematically assess the environmental performance of its products. Life cycle assessment (LCA) is the most widely accepted scientific methodology to that aim, and has been selected by NestlÃ© to assess the environmental impacts of every life cycle stage of its products. While comprehensive LCA is a complex, time-consuming, and costly process, simplified ecodesign tools better suit the short innovation and renovation cycle in the food sector. Ecodesign tools based on the LCA methodology assess the environmental performance of agricultural raw materials, product manufacturing, packaging, distribution, consumption and end-of-life.
By aligning with relevant ISO norms and international business initiatives for LCA guidance, credibility in the results of ecodesign tools is increased, simplifying communication to business partners, and ultimately consumers.
This Selerant webinar will show how NestlÃ©:
- Integrates LCA data with the master material (ingredient and formulation data)
- Promotes eco design, identifying key contributors and improve total environmental performance on a number of key environmental indicators (impacts on climate change, water use, land use...)
- Promotes sourcing based on the selection of best suppliers (visibility to vendor data)
- Improves environmental performance of packaging
Dr. Urs Schenker,
NestlÃ© LCA Specialist
Urs Schenker works as a life cycle assessment specialist at the NestlÃ© Research Center in Lausanne, Switzerland. He is developing methodologies to evaluate environmental impacts of food products, and in particular on simplified ecodesign tools that can be systematically applied in the product development process. Urs Schenker holds a PhD degree in environmental sciences from ETH Zurich (Switzerland) and has been working in environmental management at Coca-Cola prior to joining NestlÃ©.
As Chief Sales Officer, Nicola Colombo envisions and executes innovative technology solutions to revolutionize and streamline product lifecycle management (PLM). The co-architect behind intuitive and flexible application DevEX, With over 12 years of experience in the industry, Nicola Colombo has successfully led several global PLM implementations. He currently coordinates all sales operations through direct and indirect channels.
Ashwin Raj Ravinder ,
Research Analyst - Food Ingredients, Frost & Sullivan
Download SlidesPlease login to download the slides
Key Learning Objectives
- Take more effective steps to reducing environmental impacts by initiating ecodesign earlier in the product development process
- Utilize a simplified LCA/ecodesign tool that will provide understandable and actionable data
- Assess environmental performance of agricultural raw materials, manufacturing, packaging, and distribution.
- Incorporate LCA results into all stages of a product lifecycle to ensure less environmental impact
- CEO/President/Chairman/Executive Director
- Heads of Packaging
- Heads of Environment
- Health & Safety/ Sustainability
- Heads of R&D Heads of Innovation
- Heads of Marketing
- Heads of Technical Packaging
- Heads of Purchasing
- Heads of Product Lifecycle Management
- Heads of NPD
- Heads of Manufacturing