What Clinical Supply Managers Need to Know About IMP Importation!
Sponsored by: Fisher Clinical Services
- Clinical Supply
- Clinical Trial
Date: 14 March
Time: 3PM London/11AM New York
How understanding Importer of Record responsibilities, Harmonization Codes and the relationship to duties and taxes will help minimize risk across your supply chain.
The preparation and planning of Clinical Trial Supplies begins with manufacturing and continues until the supplies are received at the investigators site. Logistics planning is increasingly becoming a more critical and complex part of the planning process.
Clinical Supply Managers are challenged with the ongoing evolution in the clinical trial logistics arena:
- The need to increase the global footprint of each trial
- Changes in regional polices and that have impact on importation regulations
- Understanding valuation policies and their impact on duties and taxes
- Importer of Record roles and responsibilities
- Comparator and ancillary supplies - how they are classified vs. IMP
Attend this webinar to hear real case study examples of how Fisher Clinical Services is deploying flexible solutions to ensure secure, efficient and cost-effective passage of clinical supplies.
Register today! The webinar will conclude with top tips on how to manage changing trial logistics, helping support supply chain logistics professionals in this industry.
Director Global Logistics, Fisher Clinical Services
Ms. Gallagher is a seasoned Pharmaceutical professional with experience and in-depth knowledge of clinical supplies packaging, labeling and distribution. Before joining Fisher Clinical Services, Elizabeth was Director Clinical Supply Operations for Daiichi Sankyo Pharma Development, the U.S. Research and Development operation of the global Pharmaceutical company Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. Prior experience includes Director of Clinical Logistics at ImClone Systems a wholly-owned subsidiary of Eli Lilly and Company. She also worked in Johnson & Johnson’s Consumer Health and BioPharmaceutical divisions where she held a number of positions of increasing responsibility in clinical supplies throughout her 20-year career.
In 2012 Elizabeth Gallagher joined Fisher Clinical Services, a Division of Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc as Director Global Logistics Accounts. Based in the US in Allentown, PA, she is responsible for supporting the technical aspects of Global Clinical Supply Distribution and Transportation within the Fisher Clinical Services Global network.
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the Importer of Record
- Duties and Taxes; what is the difference?
- Planning tips that will de-risk your supply chain
- Vice President Supply Chain/ Clinical Logistics
- Senior Director/Executive Director
- Clinical Operations Director/Manager
- Clinical Development Directors/Manager
- Clinical/Investigational Supplier
- Clinical Logistics & Supplies Director/Manager
- Clinical Trials Director/Manager
- Supply Chain
- Logistics & Distribution Director/Manager
- Quality (Management/Assurance/Control/GCP/GMP) Director/Manager