Digital air & gas flow measurement for power stations
Sponsored by: PROMECON process measurement control GmbH
- Power Stations
- Air And Gas Flow
Date: 8 September
Time: 2PM London/3PM CET
How to easily replace your old measurement system with a new digital one?
The process of burning any solid fuel including coal involves mixing the exact proportion of air at the right time. Primary and secondary air are vital to control the rate and efficiency of the combustion process. However, the challenge lies in the accuracy of air measurement. As an unreliable measurement system can cause additional costs, production inefficiency, and operational risks such as explosion. At PROMECON, we developed an innovative digital time-of-flight based cross-correlation technique to provide accurate airflow measurement within power plants.
Our presentation covers the following specific areas:
- Primary & Secondary airflow measurement
- Under grate flow measurement
- Process gas flow measurement
- Stack flow emissions measurement (QAL1 certification)
- Aspects of SIL 2 certification
You will learn how to identify thermal and industrial problems using conventional Delta P measurement. In addition, it is an opportunity to explore new ways on how to replace the old measurement system by a digital new one.
Don´t miss out on this occasion to enhance the efficiency of your power plant and keep up with technology innovation. We are looking forward to your attendance to share, discuss, and connect!
Hans Georg Conrads,
CEO / President
Hans Conrads is an Electrical Engineer in the field of signal processing and controls with more than 25 years of industry experience. With his company, PROMECON, he holds numerous patents and applies measurement technology to power, cement and steel plants.
Technical Sales Support
Alexander Halm is a Physicist and Engineer in the field of signal processing and controls with more than 20 years of industry experience. He is an expert in installing PROMECON systems in a fast changing environment in even different industries.
Key Learning Objectives
- Learn how to identify air & gas flow measurement problems.
- Explore new digital & innovative technologies to ensure combustion efficiency.
- Discover reliable measurement systems conform to SIL 2 & QAL1 certifications.
- Apprehend the use of Delta P measurement to spot operational problems.
- Heads of Purchasing
- Heads of Research and Development
- C Levels
- Project Managers
- Product Managers
- Systems Engineers
- Technical Support Engineers