Overview of key Drug Substance (API) scale up and manufacturing technologies being developed at Arcinova
Sponsored by: Arcinova
- Drug Substance
- Flow Chemistry
- Synthetic Biology
Date: 8 November
Time: 3PM London/10AM New York
Overview of key API development and manufacturing technologies being developed at Arcinova
The nature of drug substance is changing rapidly, with more technically complex molecules being generated with higher potency and in smaller volumes. Industry trends indicate that for a number of major clients most new molecules will not exceed 1-10MTonnes per annum annual drug substance demand at commercial launch.
Allied to this is the need to rapidly simplify and shorten synthetic processes using new innovative tools, which can improve both the velocity (delivery timelines) the process scalability and process economics for drug substance projects. ARCINOVA are a global leader in the application of innovation as a differentiating tool for its integrated radiosynthesis, drug substance, drug product and bioanalytical service offering.
The webinar will give an overview of Flow Chemistry and Synthetic Biology tools including:
• Practical advantages of Flow Chemistry and Synthetic Biology
• Tool selection strategy (Flow Chemistry and Synthetic Biology versus traditional batch and synthetic approaches)
• Consideration of limitations for Flow Chemistry and Synthetic Biology
Head of Drug Substance
Paul is an organic chemist with a wealth of experience driving small molecule process development and project management.
Previous relevant employers include Tracerco (Johnson Matthey), Shasun Pharma Solutions, Clariant Life Sciences and Schering-Plough Corp.
Paul was educated at Dublin University where he obtained a degree and a PhD in Organic Chemistry, with an MBA from Warwick Business School.
Key Learning Objectives
- When should you consider Flow Chemistry and Synthetic Biology for drug substance synthesis?
- What equipment and skill-sets will you need?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the technologies?
- What is the economic benefit of the technologies?
- Lead scientists
- Heads of Drug Substance
- Heads of API Development
- Project Managers
- Heads of Research & Development
- Synthetic Chemists
- Organic Chemists
- Isotope Labelling Chemists