Unfolding Encapsulation Technologies for Special Purpose Applications
Sponsored by: ACG Worldwide
- Customized Oral Dosage Encapsulation
- Special Purpose Filling
Date: 28 February
Time: 3PM London/10AM New York
CODE (Customised Oral Dosage Encapsulation)
Special Purpose Encapsulation includes filling combinations of granules, pellets, powder, mini & micro tablets, capsules, and softgels, into a capsule.
Reasons for Combination Filling:
1. Combination of molecules
2. Combination of release profile (IR + DR + XR)
3. To overcome Patent Challenges (Innovator Patents)
4. Improve patient compliance (One Dose for the Patient)
With the increase in the need of Pharma companies to enhance the bioavailability and stability of their drugs, while maximizing patient compliance, there was a requirement for a cost effective and reliable solution. Through years of R&D, all these features are now packed under one name – CODE.
Customized Oral Dosage Encapsulation or CODE is a series of custom-made attachments for special encapsulation needs. Retrofittable on a successful range of encapsulation machines developed and manufactured by ACG, the CODE Series give pharmaceutical companies an advantage of filling combinations of granules, pellets, powder, mini & micro tablets, capsules, and softgels, into a capsule.
The objective of this webinar is to overview innovative solutions available for Special Purpose Filling of Tablets / Pellets / Capsules in Capsules / Liquids, etc.
This webinar will focus on:
Technique of Standard and Combination filling of capsules,
Challenges with partial filling,
Advantages / Reasons for combination filling
Our experts would present following Case Studies on combination fillings:
• Powders and their combinations
• Tablets / Multitablets and their combinations
• Pellets, their combinations
• Soft Gel in hard gel encapsulation with combination filling
• Capsule in Capsule encapsulation with combination filling
• Containment Capsule filling
ACG has been offering a wide range of manufacturing, packaging and R&D solutions to the global pharmaceutical industry for over fifty years. With this vast experience and technical expertise, our experts will share insights on true potential of combination filling and how it could be a game changer for the pharmaceutical industry.
Mr. Anand Rajan,
Head ACG Engineering - North America
Anand is a Mechanical Engineer with an MBA in Marketing. With over 8 years of experience in Pharmaceutical Machinery Sales over numerous geographies, he is currently heading the Engineering Sales division for ACG in North America, with a focus on custom solution delivery.
Mr. Darren D’Penha,
Manager - Special Purpose Projects and Products, ACG Engineering
In his capacity as Manager - Special Purpose Projects and Products, Mr. Darren D’Penha caters to the ever-evolving needs and developments in Drug Delivery Systems.
He works closely with scientists across RnD facilities, to ease faster through-time to the markets. Academically, Darren has a BE (Mech), a Post-Graduation in Industrial Engineering and an MBA in Marketing. He has a total of over 19 years of experience in Pharma, in both Design and Technical Sales.
Key Learning Objectives
- Overview of Special Purpose Encapsulation - CODE
- Understanding how to overcome patent challenges using different dosage forms with the help of CODE
- Understanding the technique of encapsulating multiple molecules with different release profiles in one capsule by combination filling
- Exploring different customized attachments for combination filling of pellets, tablets, micro-tablets, softgels and capsule in a capsule
- Heads of Purchase Department
- Purchase Manager
- Projects Head
- Project Manager
- Head of Regulatory Department
- Plant in-Charge/Heads
- Production Heads
- Production Manager
- R&D Heads