Mobile World Congress 2018: What You Need to Know
Sponsored by: GlobalData
- Mobile World Congress
- 2018 Trends
- Iot Connectivity
Date: 8 March
Time: 4PM London/11AM New York
The themes, trends, and innovations that dominated MWC18 â€“ and which ones you should care about.
Each year, the GSMA picks a theme for Mobile World Congress (MWC). This year, the tagline is â€œCreating a Better Future.â€ It’s a laudable goal and a reminder of the way in which mobile impacts the way we all live on a daily basis.
For most MWC watchers, however, the significance of â€œthe world’s largest gathering for the mobile industryâ€ is much simpler. It’s a chance to get insights into the shape of not only mobility but the broader communications industry. It’s a chance to get answers to key questions about the shape of the industry.
• On the eve of commercialization, how will the 5G story evolve?
• With security on everyone’s mind, how will vendors and carriers address it in their offerings?
• Have we finally moved beyond the LTE-M vs. NB-IoT wars dominating cellular IoT connectivity?
• After years of a focus on the enterprise will we see a resurgence in consumer IoT?
• Carriers will, doubtless, move deeper into the smart speaker virtual assistant space. Will the results be compelling?
• What’s the one event, launch or keynote everyone will come away from MWC talking about?
Join us as we discuss the high points, low points, and everything in between from Mobile World Congress 2018. Whether you made it to Spain for the show and need a broader view of its significance or just want an in-depth view from the ground, you'll come away with a better understanding of what the event tells us about the telecom landscape and how the trends revealed in Barcelona will impact you and your customers.
Jeremiah Caron ,
Global Head of Research & Analysis – Technology Group
Jeremiah Caron brings more than 25 years of experience to the technology group of GlobalData, as a market watcher and influential voice in the telecommunications and information technology industries. As Senior Vice President, Analysis, Jeremiah is responsible for overall management and content direction for the company’s portfolio of telecom and IT market intelligence, insight and advisory services.
Research Director, Telecom Market Data & Intelligence
Ozgur Aytar oversees GlobalData's Telecom Market Data and Intelligence portfolio comprising a robust mix of telecoms market demand forecasts and in-depth reports focusing on emerging technologies, services and business models across 100+ countries within 6 regions worldwide. She focuses on digital services markets and business models.
Service Director, Telecom Technology & Software
John is Service Director for the GlobalData Global Telecom Technology & Software service. John and his analyst team monitor and evaluate activities in the markets for a wide range of infrastructures, services, and ecosystems.
Service Director, Consumer Services, Platforms & Devices
Emma leads the Consumer Services, Platforms and Devices team, portfolio and practice within GlobalData. Her team's research focus spans everything from the evolution of B2C carrier and OTT strategy, to go-to-market competitive intelligence and best practice. Additionally, Emma leads the company's Innovation IMPACT service, as well as the GlobalData Pricing and Promotions portfolio and team.
Principal Analyst, Enterprise Services
Gary covers business telecoms services including data WAN and access services, unified communications, SME services and the UK public sector. Gary leads the research for the UK B2B telecoms market and also contributes to coverage of the Europe B2B telecoms market and the UK wholesale market.
Key Learning Objectives
- Gain insights into the Mobile World Congress news that mattered.
- Understand competitor messaging. Was it successful? Why?
- Understand market demands. What are customers looking for?
- Build a view into the technologies and trends that will shape mobility through the rest of the year.
- Director / Head of Strategy
- Director / Head of Marketing
- Director / Head of Sales
- Director / Head of Innovation
- Product Management
- Competitive Intelligence